Give it, don’t bin it
for Students living off campus
You make good things happen.
Since 2012, donations from students have helped raised the equivalent of £2.5 million for the British Heart Foundation – Thank you! Since 2019, alone Manchester student’s…
A whopping 385 tonnes of items donated to the British Heart Foundation
A massive £675,024 to help support lifesaving research
4 Heartstart schemes
2 Heart Start Groups 119 defibrillators awarded
58,306 free heart health resources
51 organisations CPR trained
3 British Heart Foundation Retail Shops
The equivalent of 2164 meals to help local people in food poverty
Donate your unwanted items…
A single bag of donations could be worth as much as £14
British Heart Foundation donation banks are located across Manchester. Simply drop them off at any one of the donation banks before you leave.
Duvets and Pillows
Remember to take your duvets and pillows home with you. Please do not put them in the general waste bins or British Heart Foundation donation banks.
Collection Bank locations
Listing all locations…
- Moseley Rd, Manchester M14, UK
- Balmoral Rd, Fallowfield, Manchester M14, UK
- South Delivery Office, Granville Rd, Manchester M14 6AA, UK
- Landcross Rd, Fallowfield, Manchester M14 6LZ, UK
- Whitworth St W, Manchester M1 5WG, UK
- Booth Ave, Manchester, UK
- Ladybarn Ln, Manchester, UK
- Standish Rd, Fallowfield, Manchester M14, UK
- Carill Dr, Fallowfield, Manchester M14, UK
- Mabfield Rd, Fallowfield, Manchester M14, UK
- Clean and reusable items – clothing, paired shoes, books, CD’s & DVD’s, small electricals (e.g., hairdryers, toasters) pans and crockery
- Dirty and damaged items
- Sharp items such as knives
- Duvets, pillows and bedsheets
- Toiletries and laundry items
- General waste
How to donate food
Please donate your surplus food items. Please make sure food items are unopened, non-perishable and in-date.
To find your nearest donation point please visit: Ways to donate
…then recycle what’s left
Do your bit and recycle as much as possible
There are a number of recycling centres throughout the city where you
can take unwanted items. These items include batteries, cans,
cardboard, computer monitors, glass, garden and food waste, paper,
plastic bottles, metal, textiles, TVs and wood.
Sandfold Lane, Levenshulme M19 3BJ. Telephone: 0161 224 0806
Longley Lane, Sharston M22 4RQ. Telephone: 0161 428 4963
Reliance Street, Newton Heath M40 3EZ. Telephone: 0161 688 0370
For more information, visit manchester.gov.uk/tips
did you know you can recycle up to 70% of your rubbisH?
What to put in the blue bins
- Food and drink cartons
- Newspapers and magazines
- Comics and waste paper
- Pizza boxes
What to put in the brown bins and bags
- Plastic bottles
- Milk bottles
- Foil and takeaway trays
- Glass bottles and jars
- Tins and cans
Since 2012, donations from students have helped raise over £2.5 million for the British Heart Foundation – Thank you!
Best reuse and waste prevention project of 2017 (CIWM Sustainability and Resource Awards).